Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Week 5


“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”
Dr. Seuss


I have come to think of the research process much like reading a book.  The exposition and the rising action are when you do background research, form a hypothesis, come up with your method, etc.  The climax would be when you are performing the experiment.  Finally, the falling action and resolution is like the data analysis and conclusion.  And as stated last week this would be only one book in a long series of books.

With that being said this week I began work on the falling action and resolution, as I finished my experiments last Friday.  The week started with a brief course on the IRB for that the subjects in my experiments had to sign in order for me to perform the experiment as well as publish any of the data I have collected.  The on-line informational course certainly opened my eyes to some of the precautions that must be taken when working with human subjects.   Following that I watched a wonderful video about how to give a good presentation.  This had some great pointers to keep my audience entertained and interested!  These tips will not only be helpful when presenting my research, but also when I return to the classroom.  The week continued with lots of data analysis!  I want charts that clearly show what my data has told me to display in my presentation and on my poster.   I also worked on an outline for my poster/presentation as well as a short video to show people what an experiment looked like.  There is more work to be done on this and look forward to continuing the work next week!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment