Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Week 6 - End of Year 2

“We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” 
~ John F. Kennedy


My second year in the UNH RETE summer program has come to an end and what an adventure it has been! I have learned so much about asphalt and have seen many connections with the math I teach. I think the students will be able to relate to this topic because asphalt is a part of their life in many ways. The common core states often that is ncessary to connect the standard to real world problems. The last two summers I have had the privelege of learning how math is used in the real world and I am grateful for that.

Before I head back to my classroom with all kinds of ideas for implementation I would like to extend a huge thank you to Dr. Daniel and the rest of the asphalt group for their support and guidance this summer. It was an honor to work in a lab with so many collaborative, hardworking, helpful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment